(Click here for PDF Job Description, 162 kb)
Update: Applications accepted until Friday, April 8.
Lowell is a big place, and we need help reaching out to Lowell’s diverse community to get people’s ideas and get them involved in the project. We know there are great ideas in every part of the city, we want to get as many folks involved as possible, and we want to get people from dierent neighborhoods and backgrounds working together. As a Street Team member, you will work as a team, learning and creating dierent marketing methods to reach out to the community and ask them to participate.
Job is 6 hours a week from April 11 to July 1. Certain evenings and weekends are a must.
- Team Orientation and Meetings: Attend a short orientation and bi-weekly meetings to discuss outreach strategies and tasks
- Community Tabling: As a team, manage a DIY Lowell table at community events, speaking to strangers with condence, providing information about DIY Lowell, listening to their ideas and questions, and encouraging them to participate in DIY Lowell
- Small Group Engagement: Reach out to and speak to groups such as neighborhood groups, community organizations, and churches
- Social Media: Maintain DIY Lowell’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, sharing submitted ideas, photos, and project examples from Lowell and other towns
- Other Outreach: Work as a team to manage additional marketing as assigned, including yering, taking pictures, contacting media, and other creative strategies
- Logistic Support: Provide logistical support for summit event, including help with planning and setup
- Ability to condently interact with a wide variety of people in Lowell across a spectrum of backgrounds and ages—those with bilingual abilities are strongly encouraged to apply
- Comfort with public speaking to both small groups and one-on-one
- Knowledge and skill using a variety of social media outlets
- Availability and willingness to travel to events in Lowell on evenings and weekends
- Enthusiasm and interest in DIY Lowell’s goals
- Responsibility, self-motivation, and organization
- Willingness to encourage your personal network to participate in DIY Lowell a plus (this could include your family, neighborhood, school friends, or colleagues)
- $13/hour stipend
- Excellent resume builder for community engagement, marketing, and event planning
- Work collaboratively in a fun environment with another Street Team member, DIY Lowell founders, and others
- Good opportunity to network within the Lowell community and meet people from many organizations and professional groups
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline: April 8, 2016, 5:00 pm.